- Pick a good meeting point: pick a specific, easy-to-find place to meet. Make sure you choose a place that is not too crowded or vague so that no one will be mistaken. For example: “In front of the Sofa Cafe (address: Sultan Ahmet Mh. Mimar Mehmet Aga Cd. 34122 Fatih)” is better than “in front of the Blue Mosque”.
- Send an email confirmation with the following information:
- Exact date, time, meeting location and number of people expected
- What to wear and bring on the experience
- Confirm your contact information and theirs
- Describe what you’ll be wearing or anything else that will help travelers identify you (some guides bring a sign with travelers names or wear a Vayable t-shirt or button).
- Prepare any supplies, equipment, clothing, maps or anything else you need
- You may want to bring bottled water or snacks for their travelers
- Check the weather and if necessary, come up with a contingency plan
- Check for traffic, street closing or special holiday or weekend hours
- Review your itinerary and the pacing of your stops and activities
- Charge your phone, get a good nights sleep and enjoy a healthy meal to ensure the best possible time for you and your travelers!
- Be sure to have the names and contact information of your travelers so you can more easily find them on the ground.
- Start off on the right foot: You set the tone for the experience in the first five minutes, so make sure to be open, friendly and hospitable to travelers. We suggest you give them an overview of the schedule so they know what to anticipate (people like to know what is happening next).
- Be attentive: Keep a good pulse on the interest level, stamina and needs of travelers and respond accordingly.
- Keep time: Make sure to keep a good pace and watch the time
- Include everyone: Make the experience interactive rather than a lecture
- Snap pics: Take photos to add to your listing and email to travelers
- Create a grand finale: Leave the experience on a high-note –if you can, save something special for the end,.
- Epilogue: Allow enough time for travelers to ask for local tips and any questions
- Bon voyage: Help travelers orient themselves to their next destination.
- Follow-up afterward with a thank-you email encouraging them to leave you a review on Vayable. Include any photos you may have taken.
Still have questions? Check out our HELP page or contact us via email.
One thought on “Leading the Perfect Experience”
Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it! Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specifically the last part 🙂