Vayable’s mission has always been to help people to see the world differently. We started with our community of local Vayable Insiders hosting adventures. Two years later, we have grown to nearly 5,000 guides in over 500 destinations and have connected thousands of people throughout the globe–from Buenos Aires to Bali–on our community platform. We are thrilled to announce that we’ve expanded our platform to better accomplish this mission with the launch of Vayable Insiders.
You can now request travel experiences tailored to your interests, style and budget. We match you with vetted and trained local Insiders at your destination who work with you to design and build a travel experience as unique as you are, whether it be a ten-day road trip in Ireland or an afternoon discovering food and art in Paris.
Here’s what’s new:
Experiences tailored to you: A 60-second questionnaire which gives Insiders more accurate insight into travelers’ personalities, needs and their desired journeys means you get polished and customized proposed journeys designed by your assigned Insider.
Less work: Instead of sifting through travel forums, you have an Insider available for one-on-one conversations to refine your proposed journey to guarantee your perfect escape and for you to ask any questions about the destination. Insiders are also available to book your entire trip, from accommodations to restaurant reservations to museum tickets, so that you can pay in one click, which means you save time.
More connections created: We’ve created a safe place for people to connect with each other in destinations all over the world. All Insider applicants are pre-screened and go through a proprietary training program to formalize their skillset and to ensure they meet Vayable standards. We also give travelers access to Insiders on the ground who are happy to help travelers with anything else they might need, such as a ride to the airport, finding their way around and teaching them about local customs.
How it works:
1. Request an experience.
Go to Vayable.com and enter your destination and departure dates. If you don’t know where you’re going, browse through travel experiences Insiders have created for inspiration.
2. Vayable matches you with an Insider
Vayable matches you with a vetted and trained Insider based on your destination, interests and personality.
3. Receive trip proposal
Your Insider will send you a trip proposal within a day to give you a taste of what’s possible. This proposal is only a suggestion and you can modify and build off of it with your Insider.
4. Connect directly with an Insider
To connect directly with your Insider, simply pay a $45 trip development fee (which we’ll then apply toward the total cost of your trip) and you’ll be able to connect directly to start designing the experience you want.
5. One-click booking
Once you’ve finalize an experience to your heart’s content, it’s time to book! You’ll either receive advice and tips, a full itinerary or a full itinerary with bookings included–whatever you have agreed upon with your Insider and whatever best suits your needs. You’ll receive an email with a link to access your personal booking page. Simply confirm and you’re off to enjoy your experience.
Fees for Vayable Insiders remain the same as throughout the Vayable platform. You simply pay for the cost of trip (accommodations, tours, local transport–anything you choose to include) + Insider fee (an agreed-upon amount for their time and service) + a 3% platform service fee.
As with all Vayable experiences, Vayable takes a 15% commission from the Insider’s fees.
How are people already using Vayable Insiders?
1. Glenn and his wife wanted an on-the-ground Insider to create a completely custom, one day and one night whirlwind in “Welcome to Paris” experience. Our Insider crafted the perfect Parisian day complete with a locals’ jaunt through the backstreets of Montmartre with forays into music shops and a carefully selected boutique hotel with a roof top view of the Eiffel Tower.
2. Monty and Tan checked a big one off their bucket list by designing their dream mother-son bonding trip to Macchu Picchu! Our Insider planned their trip from start to finish, including a sunrise hike to Macchu Picchu, a private guided tour of Colca Canyon and topped it all off by taking them to eat ceviche with locals in Lima.
3. Greg knew he wanted to get off-the-beaten path but had no idea where to go. Our Insider crafted a two week adventure through Turkey and Croatia, where Greg enjoyed Turkish breakfast with locals, rode in a hot air balloon, wandered around Roman ruins, relaxed in a Hamam and hopped around the Croatian Coast.
We hope these stories inspire you to go on your next adventure! Have a Vayable Insider design your next trip today.
The Vayable Team